Monday, January 16, 2012

Dance with the Devil


Verse 1:
It’s easy to point fingers when you’re not the one to blame, so do you understand the struggle that I’m feeling?
I know that it’s my fault and I can see that I was wrong; my only problem was my problem with admitting.

Chorus 1:
But now- now I know that every time you give your heart away it shows.
And if the devil asks to dance again, I need you to explain to him, “No, he can’t go.”

Verse 2:
It’s easy to relax when everything is going fine, but when the world revolves the opposite direction…
Would your will remain this strong if everything were going wrong, or would you fall into another deep depression?

Chorus 2:
And then- when you’re there, you will watch your friends pretend they really care.
And though you try to turn your back to me, it won’t change the fact that we dare say, “Life’s unfair”.

Verse 3:
Don’t ever cross your fingers even when you lie to me; give the illusion that you’re telling me the truth.
But if that’s too much to ask, at least hide them behind your back. If I don’t see them, then there’s nothing I can do.

Chorus 3:
Then when- he returns, just ignore him; that’s the only way he learns.
And if he asks to hold your hand again, remember that his gentle hand turns to one that burns.

Chorus 4:
And when- your friends have left, you will see they only loved what they could get.
But when the devil says he’ll love you still, remember that he means until death, sometimes that’s best…

No comments:

Post a Comment